1880 – A&R Scott, two brothers, started making
Scott's Midlothian Oat Flour.
1884 – The Mercantile Age reports on the high quality
of both the product and the methods used at Scott's mill.
1887 – The firm becomes a limited company.
1893 – The Victualling Trades Review states that
Scott's Oatcakes and Oat-Flour Biscuits are
while at home they form
a prominent feature at the table of the richest and humblest in the land.
1909 – Larger premises were acquired at West Mills, Colinton, Edinburgh.
1914 – The description Scott's Porage Oats was introduced.
1924 – The well-known symbol of the Highlander putting the shot was added to the packaging.
1928 – A disastrous fire destroyed much of the production area but the mill was up and running again in 7 weeks.
1947 – A former flax mill was acquired at Cupar, Fife.
1955 – Scott's was taken over by Cerebos Ltd.
1969 – Scott's was acquired by Rank, Hovis McDougall.
1982 – Scott's was bought by Quaker Oats Ltd.
1989 – Cupar became the main centre of Quaker's milling operation in Europe.
1994 – The International Quality Standard BS EN ISO 9002 was achieved.
1995 – Scott's was accredited as an Investor in People.
1996 – The Cupar mill becomes the Company's sole source of supply of rolled oats for European, African and Middle Eastern markets.