This website is managed by Scott's Porage Oats and its agents for the use of consumers within the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
We do not use this website to collect any personal information about you unless you provide it voluntarily by registering to receive communications from us or by entering one of our competitions or prize draws. Personal information includes your name, phone number, email address or any other information that might reasonably be used to identify you individually.
If you do provide us with personal information and register to receive communications from us, we will not sell your personal information to any other third party. Your personal information will be collected and stored by Scott's Porage Oats or its service providers, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- To directly provide the information or services you have requested.
- To enable third parties to process and manage your information to enable us to provide the information or services you have requested.
- For security, administrative or legal purposes.
- To contact you about our products and services.
- If you have entered one of our competitions or prize draws, in connection with such competition or prize draw.
- To update and enhance the website and the services provided.
In such cases where Scott's Porage Oats asks you for personal information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is kept secure and confidential (please note, however, that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and, therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet). We will inform you of how we intend to use the information and we will ask for your explicit consent.
According to the contact details provided by yourself, we will provide the services you have requested by email or post.
- By entering your personal information on this website, you consent to the collection, storage and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above.
- Any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- All our email correspondence contains an unsubscribe option by which you can opt out of further email contact if you so wish.
- You have the right to ask Scott's Porage Oats for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act 1998 stipulates that you must request this in writing, and that this may be subject to a fee of up to £10. Please also let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. The address to write to is: The Data Protection Officer, Scott's Porage Oats, 1600 Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4SA.
Scott's Porage Oats may use "cookies" in order to personalise delivery of content based on your experience with our website. When you enter www.scottspoage.co.uk we may assign your computer browser a unique random number called a "cookie".
Cookies enhance our website by allowing you faster access to the information you are seeking and by enabling us to provide suitable offers based on your experience with our site and products.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to receive personalised information on our website.
Who else might see my personal information?
Should Scott's Porage Oats be acquired by another company, your personal information may be deemed a transferable business asset, and as such will transfer to the new owners.
Invisible GIF images & link tracking:
These are invisible images used in HTML email communications which allow us to track if the email was opened and read. We use these to monitor the level of interaction with a particular email and the results are used to tailor our communications with you.
We may use link tracking within the emails we send you: these links may contain information that allows us to track which links are being clicked on. Aggregated data from this is used to tailor the links provided in our emails. The data obtained from these links do not identify you.
Email communications and opting-out:
Scott's Porage Oats may contact you by email after you register on this website with information that we think you will find useful, including announcements about special offers and new products and services. It is our policy to send such emails only to customers who explicitly give us permission to do so. In every such email message, we will also have instructions on how to unsubscribe so that you will not receive any email messages from Scott's Porage Oats in the future if you do not wish to.